Advanced Eye Care Technology
The Eye Clinic Surgicenter is always exploring and embracing new technologies. We use the latest technology and techniques to serve our surgery and clinical patients:
- Sovereign WHITESTAR SIGNATURE™ technology to remove cataracts quickly and safely.
- Premium intraocular lens (IOL) options so you can decide what type of vision clarity you want after cataract surgery. Some patients are able to enjoy life with a reduced dependence on glasses – even reading glasses – after surgery. Options include multifocal, toric, extended range of vision and trifocal lenses. The right lens for you will depend on your vision goals, lifestyle and budget.
- Advanced LASIK treatments using the iDESIGN® Refractive Studio which is based on topography-integrated, wavefront-guided technology. This is truly customized vision correction our doctors perform using the extremely precise VISX Star S4 IR® excimer laser.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT), a non-invasive imaging test to take cross-sectional photos of your retina (the back of your eye).
- Visual field test, a non-invasive method to identify any blind spots in your vision.
- Endothelial microscopy to view the health of the endothelial cells in your cornea.
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) which uses a laser to treat glaucoma by promoting the outflow of fluid from the eyes and reduce intraocular pressure.
- YAG laser treatments for minor complications after cataract surgery, to reduce eye pressure caused by glaucoma or to remove eye floaters.
- Argon laser to treat glaucoma, to repair retinal tears or to eliminate abnormal blood vessels in patients with diabetic retinopathy.
- TearLab® Osmolarity System to measure the osmolarity (concentration) of tears in patients and diagnose dry eye syndrome.
- Pentacam® tomography to measure corneal thickness and assess the anterior segment of your eyes (cornea, iris, ciliary body and lens).
- Corneal topography to create a 3-dimensional map of the curvature and shape of your cornea. This can be used to plan eye surgeries such as LASIK, fit contact lenses or treat corneal diseases.
- The best treatments for macular degeneration, glaucoma and other eye diseases according to the latest research.
- The newest techniques in treatment to shorten retinal surgery time, decrease pain and promote more rapid recovery.
- New designs and materials for contact lenses.
- New designs and innovations in eyewear and lens design.
These are just a few of the recent innovations at The Eye Clinic Surgicenter. This process of constant re-evaluation and improvement will remain part of our philosophy because at The Eye Clinic Surgicenter, we know it’s Your Vision, Your Life, and Our Passion.